Cook on rimmed sheet pan (15X10" to 17X12").
2 garlic cloves, sliced thinly
2 peppers (red, yellow, orange, or a combination) cut into 1-inch thick slices
1 pound baby potatoes (1-2 inches in diameter), red yellow, purple-a mix is beautiful
1 small red or yellow onion, cut into ½ inch wedges
3 Tbs olive oil
2 teaspoons kosher salt (1 tsp table salt)
1 teaspoon ground pepper
1-2 sausages per person
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees.
- On the sheet pan place the sliced garlic, peppers, and potatoes. Toss everything with the olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Pierce the sausages several times with a fork on the top and bottom. Place them on the pan. Arrange the ingredients in a single layer. Cook in the oven for 20 minutes. Serve hot right from the pan.
Variations (adjust your protein cooking time as needed)
- Thin pork chops-boneless or bone-in, chicken thighs, or sirloin tips.
- Red pepper, fennel bulb, leeks, whole cherry tomatoes, black olives.
- Serve over pasta, Liz’s baked polenta, or spaghetti squash.
- Serve leftovers as a cold antipasto salad. Drizzle with Liz’s vinaigrette and sprinkle with parmesan cheese or feta.