I highly recommend that you check out Urvashi Pitre's website and cookbooks. She taught me how to use an Instant Pot.
Makes one 6-inch frittata
1 cup roasted peppers or sweet red peppers sliced thinly
2 cups frozen broccoli, thawed and roughly chopped
4 large eggs
1 cup half and half or heavy cream
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or Swiss, mozzarella or other)
1 tsp Kosher salt
1 tsp ground pepper
- Grease a 6 x 3 pan extremely well with butter or olive oil.
- Arrange the roasted peppers in the bottom of the pan and cover with the thawed and chopped broccoli.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, half and half, salt, and pepper. Stir In the shredded cheese.
- Pour the egg mixture on top of your vegetables and cover with foil.
- In the inner liner of your instant pot, place 2 cups of water. Place a steamer rack on top of this. Place the covered pan on the steamer rack. Cook on high pressure for 20 minutes. Allow it to release pressure naturally for 10 minutes, and then release all remaining pressure.
- Let it sit for 5-10 minutes. Using a knife, gently loosen the sides of the frittata. Place a plate on top of the pan, and turn out the frittata onto the plate. If you want the pepper side up, you’re done. If you want the cheese side up, flip it on a plate once more. You can broil for 3-4 minutes to get the cheese to melt or serve as is.
- You can use any color sweet peppers. Slice thinly to help them cook softer.
- Any type of cheese that will melt can be used. You can also combine cheeses.
- Add ½ cup diced ham or seafood if you like.
- Serve with a salad and a glass of white wine….