3 tablespoons oyster sauce
1 tablespoons soy sauce
1 ½ teaspoons sesame oil
2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
2 tablespoons chopped scallions
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1 tablespoon neutral oil, like avocado oil
1 large red pepper, cut into 2-inch cubes
1 1/2 pounds broccoli florets
1 red onion, cut into 1-inch wedges
Optional protein-see below
White rice, for serving
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the oyster sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, scallions, cilantro, and oil. If tofu or other protein, place on a plate and spread with half the sauce. Toss the vegetables with the remaining sauce.
- Move the vegetables to the sides of the pan and place the marinated protein into the center of the pan and place the pan into oven.
- Roast for 15-20 minutes. Serve hot with rice.
- 1 (14-ounce) package extra-firm tofu, drained and sliced crosswise into 8 (1/2-inch-thick) slabs
- 1 1/2 pounds Scrod, swordfish, or salmon
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast, thighs, or pork chops-increase the cooking time to 25-30 minutes depending on the thickness of the meat. Add vegetables to the pan 10 minutes into the cooking time.
- Green beans, snow peas-add last 5 minutes of cooking time.