1 6-7 pound bone-in/skin-on turkey breast
4 Tbs unsalted butter, softened
2 Tbs chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
2 Tbs chopped fresh thyme, 1 tsp dried
Salt and freshly ground pepper
Let the turkey stand at room temperature for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Preheat an oven to 425°F.
- Mix butter, 1/2 tsp salt, and ¼ tsp pepper in medium bowl with the chopped herbs until thoroughly combined.
- Carefully separate turkey skin from meat over breast; avoid breaking skin.
- Work the butter mixture under skin on both sides of breast and rub skin of turkey to evenly distribute butter over breast.
- Spray a V-rack with nonstick cooking spray and set inside large roasting pan. Place turkey in rack with skin side facing up; pour 1 cup of water into roasting pan. Roast turkey for 30 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees. Continue to roast turkey until thickest part of breast registers 160 degrees on instant-read thermometer, about 1 hour longer.
- Transfer turkey to carving board, cover with foil, let rest for 20 minutes or up to one hour. Carve and serve.