4 corn tortillas, cut into strips
1 tablespoon olive oil or avocado oil
½ cup chopped cilantro
3 scallions, chopped
8 eggs, beaten
Salt and pepper to taste
salsa for serving
- Heat a cast-iron skillet or other large sauté pan. Add the oil and the tortilla strips with a little salt. Stir to coat the strips. The tortilla strips will wilt, then crisp.
- Add the chopped cilantro, scallions and combine.
- Add the eggs. Mix and stir the eggs with the tortillas until the eggs are set. Season with salt and pepper and serve with salsa.
- Tortilla chips instead of tortilla strips. Halfway through cooking the eggs, add crumbled chips, cilantro, and scallion.
- Top with shredded cheese, salsa, and siracha sauce.