1 pound ground lamb
3 scallions, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
¼ cup packed chopped mint leaves
1 teaspoon cumin ground
Pinch cayenne pepper
¼ cup breadcrumbs
1 egg, lightly beaten
½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 ½ teaspoon coarse salt
Minted Yogurt Sauce
1 cup plain whole fat yogurt
2 scallions, chopped
¼ cup lightly packed chopped mint
1 clove garlic, minced
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- To make the meatballs, gently combine all the meatball ingredients in a mixing bowl using your hands. Separate the mixture into 16 equal portions. Gently roll each portion into a ball (do not compact too much). Or, use a 1 ounce cookie scoop and portion the lamb mixture.
- Place the meatballs onto a rimmed baking sheet and place into the oven. Cook for 8-10 minutes.
- To make the yogurt sauce, combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate until ready to use. Serve the sauce with the lamb meatballs for dipping.
- Serve the meatballs with warm pita and a grain salad
- Serve with my favorite squash dish using this minted yogurt sauce.
- Serve with a noodle bowl.