2 medium sweet potatoes, cut in half lengthwise
4 plums (firm, not too ripe)
3 Tbs brown sugar
2-4 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 egg yolks
¼ cup heavy cream
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
½ cup heavy cream
1/3 cup toasted pecans, walnuts, or pumpkin seeds
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Place the sweet potatoes on a lined sheet pan, cut side down. Place in the preheated oven and cook for 10 minutes.
- Cut each plum into 6 wedges and toss with brown sugar.
- After cooking the potatoes for 10 minutes, remove the pan and add the sugared plums in a single layer to the pan. Place the pan back in the oven and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Using a spoon, scoop the sweet potato from the skin and place in a bowl. Mash the potatoes with the butter until smooth.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg yolks, heavy cream, vanilla extract and salt.
- Combine the egg mixture with the still-hot mashed sweet potatoes and stir until
smooth. Divide the pudding into bowls and top with the roasted plums.
- For the topping, whip the heavy cream and serve on top of the pudding sprinkled with nuts or pumpkin seeds.
Notes: For the topping, substitute sour cream for the whipped cream if you like.