¼ cup smoked paprika
1 tsp chipotle power or ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon granulated garlic
1 tablespoon ground coriander
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons Kosher salt
Fish Tacos and Coleslaw
12 small corn tortillas
1 ½ pound tilapia fillets
4 cups red cabbage, thinly sliced
1 small red pepper, thinly sliced
¼ cup red onion, minced
½ cup cilantro, chopped
1 cup mayonnaise
3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
2 limes, cut into wedges
- Preheat the broiler on high and put the cooking rack 5 inches below the flame. Cover a broiler pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Combine the Southwest seasoning ingredients in a small container and set aside.
- Place the tilapia fillets onto the prepared pan and sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the Southwest seasoning. Broil until the fish is cooked through, about 7-12 minutes depending on how thick the fish is.
- In a large bowl combine the cabbage, red pepper, red onions, and cilantro. Prepare the dressing in a small bowl by mixing the mayonnaise, vinegar, honey, and 2 teaspoons of the Southwest seasoning together. Toss ½ cup of the dressing with the shredded cabbage and vegetables. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add more dressing if you like.
- Warm the tortillas (covered) in the microwave for 1 minute.
To assemble the tacos, place a piece of fish and some coleslaw onto each tortilla. Serve with lime wedges on the side.