3 tablespoons oyster sauce
1 tablespoons soy sauce
1 ½ teaspoons sesame oil
2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
2 tablespoons chopped scallions
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1 pound scrod filet -thicker is better
1 pound green beans
1 tablespoon neutral oil-like avocado oil (news about vegetable oils)
Optional: Cooked rice, for serving
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. In a baking dish, whisk together the oyster sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, scallions and cilantro.
- Add the scrod filet to the dish, and coat with the sauce. Marinate while the oven heats.
- Add the green beans to a large sheet pan, then drizzle the oil and toss to coat. Move the green beans to the sides of the pan and place the marinated scrod into the center of the pan. Pour the remaining marinade over the fish, and place the pan into oven.
- Roast until the green beans start to blister, 15-20 minutes. Serve immediately with rice.
- 1 (14-ounce) package extra-firm tofu, drained and sliced crosswise into 8 (1/2-inch-thick) slabs
- Swordfish or salmon
- Chicken breast, thighs, or pork chops-increase the cooking time to 25-30 minutes depending on the thickness of the meat. Add green beans to the pan 10 minutes into the cooking time.
- Add 1 large sliced red pepper
- Add 1/2 of a red onion, sliced
- Substitute asparagus for the green beans
- Substitute baby bok choy (cut in half) for green beans or combine both as in the photo above.