2 ¼ cups grated Parmesan cheese
¾ cup water
2 packages fresh or vacuum-sealed gnocchi or 1 small head cauliflower cut into florets
6 ounces diced pancetta
2 onions, thinly sliced
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 ½ cups frozen green peas, thawed
4 egg yolks
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place oven rack in the middle position.
- In a small bowl, combine the grated Parmesan and water.
- Combine the gnocchi, pancetta, onions, and oil on the sheet pan. Bake for 20 minutes, stirring after 10 minutes. Cook until the pancetta and gnocchi are golden and crispy.
- Remove the pan from the oven and add the cheese mixture and the peas to the pan ingredients. Stir to combine well.
- Bake for another 2 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Remove the pan from the oven and season with freshly ground pepper.
- Divide evenly on plates or shallow bowls. Place an egg yolk on the center of each gnocchi dish and season the egg with pepper and a pinch of salt. Serve immediately and tell everyone to stir the lovely yolk into the dish to create a creamy sauce.