Makes ¼ cup
2 tablespoons smoked paprika (I get mine at HomeGoods). You can use sweet paprika instead, but it will not have a smokey flavor-still delicious though!
½ tsp chipotle power or ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder or granulated garlic
1 ½ teaspoons ground coriander
1 teaspoon ground cumin
2 teaspoons salt
1 ½ pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs or chicken breasts (or tenders), cut into 1 inch slices
2 large peppers, red, yellow, or combination, cut into ½ inch thick slices
1 large red onion, peeled, cut in half from top to bottom, each half cut into ½ inch wedges
2-3 tablespoons Southwest seasoning
2 teaspoons olive oil
½ cup cilantro, chopped
1 lime, cut into 1/4s
8 corn or flour tortillas
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine the Southwest seasoning ingredients in a small container and set aside.
- Place the chicken pieces, peppers, and onions into a large bowl. Sprinkle with 2-3 tablespoons of the seasoning and the olive oil. Toss to coat the chicken and vegetables with the seasoning.
- Place the seasoned chicken and vegetables onto a sheet pan and spread out into one layer -do not over crowd. If you need another sheet pan, place them in the oven on separate racks with plenty of space between. Place the pan into the oven and cook for 12 minutes or until the chicken is firm to the touch and the peppers and onions have softened.
- If you would like to add more browning, place the pan under the broiler (set on high) and cook (with the door open) until browned, 3-5 minutes more.
- Warm the tortillas (covered) in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Serve hot with lime wedges.
Add Liz’s Southwest Coleslaw to create an amazing meal!