3 tablespoons butter
1 cup heavy cream
salt and pepper to taste
zest of 1/2 lemon
½ cup parsley, chopped
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat with the butter. When butter has melted add the shaved Brussels sprouts. Stir occasionally for a few minutes, until the brussels sprouts are wilted but still bright green, about 3 minutes.
- Add the heavy whipping cream, increase the heat, and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat back to medium, and let simmer for 4 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add lemon zest and chopped parsley. Serve immediately.
- Shaved cabbage can be used as an alternative to the Brussels sprouts.
- Chopped fresh arugula or spinach can be added.
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan can be folded in before serving.