2 pounds chicken thighs boneless, skinless cut into bite sizes
1.5 tablespoons ground cumin
1.5 tablespoons chile powder (NOT cayenne)
1 tablespoon salt
2 tablespoons oil- olive, coconut, or avocado
14 ounces diced canned tomatoes
5 ounces can tomato paste
1 small onion chopped
3 cloves garlic
2 ounces canned/pickled jalapenos
- Turn your Instant Pot or Pressure cooker onto Sauté.
- While it heats, coat the chicken with the cumin, chile, and salt.
- Pour the oil into the pressure cooker once it is hot, add the coated chicken pieces.
- You are doing this step to get the spices to "bloom" a little bit to get their full flavor. So cook it for 4-5 minutes, and you should be good to go.
- Add everything else into the pressure cooker and close.
- Cook at high pressure for 15 minutes, and allow it to release pressure naturally for 10 minutes. Release all remaining pressure.
- Use two forks to shred the chicken a bit more if you're serving as tacos, or eat over rice.