1 cup basmati rice
2 cups frozen peas
3 large eggs
½ cup fresh herbs, chopped (any combination of-parsley, cilantro, dill, mint, lovage)
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Place a trivet and 1 cup of water into the inner pot of a 6-quart electric pressure cooker. You can also use an 8-quart.
- Place the rice and 1 cup of water in an oven-proof container and cover with a lid
or foil. Place the covered container onto the trivet.
- Place the frozen peas into a separate oven-proof container and cover with a lid or foil. No added
water is necessary. Place this container on top of the rice container.
- Place the three eggs at the level of the peas.
- Close the instant pot, seal the valve, and cook at high pressure for 5 minutes. Release the pressure naturally for 5 minutes, and then release all remaining pressure using Quick Release and
remove the cover.
- Place the eggs in an ice bath for 5 minutes. Remove the shells and quarter each egg.
- Combine the rice, peas, herbs, and butter in a large bowl. Let the butter melt and stir the ingredients
gently. Place the egg slices on top to garnish.
Dice red peppers, broccoli, asparagus, and
marinated artichokes are all delicious additions.
You can serve this salad cold with your favorite vinaigrette. Understand the health benefits of your leftover rice! Resistant Starch