1 cup plain bread crumbs or almond flour
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, thyme, or rosemary
1 teaspoon kosher salt-sea salt, mineral salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
Avocado oil spray (or other non-seed oil spray)
- Pre-heat air fryer to 400ºF. Pat chicken dry with paper towel and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl whisk eggs.
- In a wide shallow container, whisk bread crumbs and all of the seasoning, until combined.
- Dip sliced chicken into the egg, then dredge in breading mixture, pressing to help the breading cling to the chicken. Repeat until all chicken is coated.
- Spray the air fryer basket generously with avocado spray, and place as many chicken tenders in the basket that will fit with space in between. Spray tenders with additional avocado spray to lightly coat.
- Cook for 10 minutes. Repeat with remaining chicken tenders if space requires. Serve hot, room temperature, or cold.
* If using boneless, skinless breasts just cut into strips about 1-1/2" by 5"
This can also be prepared in an oven set at 400 degrees.