4 tablespoons butter, ghee, coconut oil, or olive oil
12 ounces cauliflower
2 scallions, chopped
¼ cup roughly chopped fresh flat leafed parsley
2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint or cilantro
Salt and pepper
- To “rice” the cauliflower: Remove outer leaves. Cut the cauliflower into florets. Using a box grater, grate the cauliflower florets. To use a food processor, place the blade attachment in the processor bowl. Add the florets and pulse until the cauliflower looks like rice.
- Place the riced cauliflower onto a cotton towel and squeeze it to release as much water as possible.
- In a large heavy skillet melt the butter over medium heat. Add the riced cauliflower. Cook, stirring occasionally, until it begins to soften--about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the herbs and cook just until fragrant. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.
- 1 cup riced broccoli
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup peas
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Hard boiled eggs