Sheet pan size should be adjusted to allow ingredients to be placed on in a single layer with space between if recipe requires.
example: 15”X10" when cooking for 2 or 17”X12” when cooking for 4
1 Tbs olive oil
Kosher salt and black pepper
½ pint cherry tomatoes
½ small red onion cut into ¼ inch wedges (or 2 shallots, cut into wedges)
2 garlic cloves, sliced
½ lemon cut into ¼ inch slices
8 ounces thin asparagus, cut into pieces
1lb scrod (cod, swordfish, or other fish cut ½-inch thick)
6 U16 shrimp, peeled and deveined
6 little neck clams, rinsed (or sea scallops, muscle removed)
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 Tablespoon capers
1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon sherry vinegar (red wine, white wine, or apple cider vinegar)
2 Tbs fresh herb-dill, parsley, or mint
- Preheat the broiler and place oven rack 5 inches below the heat source.
- Place the tomatoes, onion, garlic, lemon, asparagus, and shrimp onto a sheet pan and toss gently to coat everything with the oil. Put everything into a single layer and make a space in the center of the pan for the fish.
- Place the fish on the pan and drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle everything with the salt and pepper.
- Scatter the clams onto the pan.
- Place the pan under the broiler and cook for 10 minutes or until the fish is just firm when pressed with your finger.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the capers, extra-virgin olive oil, sherry vinegar, and herb to create a vinaigrette.
- Remove the pan from the oven and drizzle with the vinaigrette. Serve right from the pan!