2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar or regular balsamic
4 tablespoons olive oil
½ cup chopped herbs-mint, cilantro, parsley, basil-2-4 ounces cheese-shaved parmesan, asiago, 1 ripe avocado-not too soft
½ English cucumber
¼ cup red onion diced or scallions
2 cups assorted salad greens
½ cup feta or ricotta salata
Salt and pepper to taste
Edible flowers for garnish-nasturtium, calendula, petunia, marigold, daylilies
- Place the vinegar and olive oil in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Add the chopped herbs and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut the avocado, mango, and cucumber into ½ inch cubes. Keep them in separate piles on the cutting board.
- Line a large platter with the salad greens.
- Arrange the avocado, mango, and cucumber on top of the greens. Sprinkle with diced onion and feta.
- Drizzle with dressing and garnish with edible flowers if you have them.
Other ingredient options:
Instead of mango you can use-peaches, plumbs, berries of any kind, watermelon, cantalope, honeydew melon