Author: Julia Turshen from her book Small Victories
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp whiskey
- A few dashes of Angostura bitters
- Ice cubes for serving
- ¼ cup [60 ml] seltzer water
- 1 egg white
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, lemon juice, whiskey, and bitters.
- Fill a highball glass to the top with ice and pour the whiskey mixture into it. Top with the seltzer and give it a stir. Serve immediately.
3 oz vodka (or gin)
2 oz fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 tablespoon honeyOPTIONAL:
1 packet powdered vitamin c or EmergenC
- Add 2 cups ice to a cocktail shaker.
- Add vodka, lemon juice and honey to shaker.
- Shake, and then strain into a chilled martini glass.
- Garnish with a lemon twist if desired.
- ADDING VITAMIN C: If you want to add vitamin c, you can add it directly to the shaker when you add the rest of the ingredients or you can rim the chilled martini glass with vitamin c
The Old Fashioned
Bully Boy Distillers
1 bottle Bully Boy The Old Fashioned
Luxardo Marischino Cherries
optional: orange slice
"Like any well made cocktail, the key is balance. Just enough sweetness to complement the bitters, and just enough whiskey to make the whole thing worth drinking.
It’s best served three fingers in a rocks glass over one large ice cube. For an enhanced taste, muddle an orange wheel in the tumbler before pouring the cocktail, and then rim the glass with an orange peel."