This truffle recipe offers an less fussy way to create a delicious, delightful, creamy bite of heaven. You will note that these truffles are finished without the classic chocolate shell on the outside. Simply prepare your ganache, cool, scoop and roll in a topping. Done!
PS. Having fun with the camera for this post!
1-cup heavy cream
3 Tbs light corn syrup
1 pound bittersweet chocolate, chopped
4 Tbs unsalted butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. In a medium saucepan, bring the cream and corn syrup to a boil. Put the bittersweet chocolate in a medium bowl and pour the hot cream over it. Let stand for 2 to 3 minutes, then whisk until smooth.
2. Whisk in the vanilla and butter. Let stand until firm, at least 1 hour. The longer you leave the ganache the firmer it will become...easier to scoop.
4. If you prefer a more "natural" truffle look no need to roll the truffles before coating. If you like a more rounded appearance use your hands, roll each mound of ganache into a ball; you may have to cool your hands in ice water periodically while you work to cool them down.
1. Sifted cocoa powder with ground cinnamon
2. Shredded and chopped coconut
3. Ground lavender and crystallized sugar
4. Chopped toasted nuts with sea salt